World heavyweight boxing champion Tyson has released a photograph of the injury which has forced the postponement of his July 9 fight with Wladimir Klitschko.
The injury – a badly sprained ankle – occurred during the Morecambe fighter's training camp for the first defence of his titles he won last year and has shown no signs of improving.
His promotors said it had left Team Fury with no option but to postpone the first defence of his WBA Super, WBO and IBO world heavyweight titles at the Manchester Arena.
Hennessy Sports and KMG will announce a rescheduled date for Fury vs. Klitschko II in due course, and tickets purchased for the original July 9 date will be valid for the rescheduled date.
Promoter Mick Hennessy said: “It’s very unfortunate at this crucial stage of Tyson’s preparations that this injury has occurred with just a couple of weeks to go.
“There was no way Tyson could go into the fight against Wladimir Klitschko less than 100 percent fit.
“It’s essential now that Tyson gets the correct medical professional treatment for the injury and then we can then look to announce the new date.
“I feel for the fans who have purchased tickets and for the BoxNation viewers who were looking forward to this summer blockbuster, but we will put all our efforts into making sure Tyson fully recovers and then get the rematch back on.”