Morecambe 2-1 Dagenham & Redbridge - SLIDESHOW

Andy Parrish's first ever Morecambe goal completed a come-from-behind win for The Shrimps in front of a bumper Globe Arena crowd on Tuesday night.

More than 4,000 fans responded to the club's free entry offer and were treated to a pulsating League 2 clash with old friends Dagenham & Redbridge.

Andy Parrish scores the winner for Morecambe in the 2-1 victory over Dagenham and Redbridge.

Andy Parrish scores the winner for Morecambe in the 2-1 victory over Dagenham and Redbridge.

Brian Woodall had given the away side an early lead but second half goals from Jordan Burrow, his first of the season, and then Parrish 13 minutes from time gave Jim Bentley's side their first League 2 win in six.

The Shrimps had kicked-off the game well without creating much but fell behind on six minutes.

The home side didn't clear a hard, low right-wing corner from Matthew Saunders and it sat up nicely for Woodall 15 yards out who hammered home to give John Still's side the lead.

Kevin Ellison had the Shrimps' first sight of goal on the quarter hour, but he couldn't stretch high enough to get a proper header on a Lewis Alessandra centre after a decent move from the home side.

Up the other end, Ellison then had to be alert a minute later to clear a mis-directed Stewart Drummond clearance off the line after Chris McCready had needlessly conceded a corner.

But it was the home side who looked most likely to get the next goal with a sustained spell of pressure around the half hour mark.

First Luke Wilkinson did well to divert an Ellison cross over as Stewart Drummond closed in, and from the resultant corner Nick Fenton saw a header hacked away from in front of the goalline.

The Globe Arena crowd then witnessed one of the best saves they will see all season, Chris Lewington somehow tipping Lewis Alessandra's deflected effort from 20 yards on to the crossbar.

Less than 60 seconds later Lewington was involved again, taking the ball away from Jack Redshaw's feet with The Shrimps man through on goal, Parrish unable to direct the rebound goalwards from 25 yards.

The visitors were always a threat however, especially from set pieces, Wilkinson's poked effort well-saved by Barry Roche low to his left 10 minutes before the break.

On 41 minutes, Ellison burst through on the left-hand side of the area but stumbled when faced with Lewington and saw his effort well-saved.

But the best chance came on the stroke of half-time Drummond's header from eight yards from a looping Parrish centre going just wide when he should have done better.

The action kept coming after the break, Ellison seeing a sweetly struck shot go narrowly over the bar with the help of a deflection on 50 minutes.

The equaliser came on 53 minutes, and Ellison had a major part to play in it, nodding Alessandra's cross back across goal where McCready and Burrow went for the same ball, the latter getting the decisive touch.

Ellison then saw Lewington beat away a curled effort just before the hour mark as The Shrimps went in search of a winner.

Gary McDonald went even closer on 67 minutes, put in by an excellent reverse ball from Alessandra he beat Lewington with a shot on the turn only to see his effort cleared off the line.

But a second goal did come on 77 minutes, Alessandra's deep cross evaded the out-stretched Burrow but Parrish arrived at the back post to bundle the ball home and put his side in front. Ellison should have wrapped up the points seven minutes from time but after making room for himself inside the box, he sliced his left-foot shot wide.

The Shrimps held on however to keep up a record that sees them not having tasted defeat at home in the league since the 3-2 defeat to Plymouth on September 22.

Morecambe: Roche, Parrish, Fenton (capt), McCready, Wright, Alessandra, McDonald, Drummond, Ellison, Redshaw (Parkinson 69), Burrow (Fleming 78). Subs not used: Arestidou, Threlfall, Haining, Reid, McGee.

Booked: Fenton, Wright.

Dagenham: Lewington, Wilkinson, Ilesanmi, Doe, Hoyte, Elito, Saunders (Caprice 85), Howell, Ogogo, Scott (Reed 67), Woodall (Edmans 80). Subs not used: Seabright, Spillane, Maher, Bingham.

Booked: Doe.

Attendance: 4,029 (56 from Dagenham)

Referee: Kevin Wright.