Bowerham beaten but Marsh made to work

Galgate were held by Cartmel.
Galgate were held by Cartmel.

In the Baines Bagguley Penhale North Lancashire Football League Premier Division; an excellent game was played at St. Martins between lowly Bowerham and a Marsh United side who are going great after struggling last season.

This game was played at a fast pace with neither side giving much away.

Tim Dalglish and Joe Garnett were on target for Bowerham with the Marsh replies coming from Paul Green, Aaron McCamdam and Billy Woodford, but the result could have gone either way and was in doubt until the final whistle.

Galgate travelled to Cartmel in the hope of gaining another three points in their attempt to win the championship.

However, it was Cartmel who turned out to be much the better side and with a bit more luck could have won the game.

Even after being reduced to ten men Cartmel were still the better side but in the end they had to settle for a 1-1 draw, Graham Rhodes scored the goal for Cartmel with Chris Gardner equalising for Galgate.

This one point now puts Galgate three points ahead of Carnforth but they have played two more games.

College AFC are slipping further behind the teams above them as they try to avoid relegation.

They were just as good as Morecambe Royals but the chances they missed proved costly as they went on to lose 2-1.

Kyle Lewis was on target for College and Nick Edmonds for the Royals. With the score evenly poised at 1-1 the game was set up for an exciting finish but it turned out sour for College when defender Keiron McBride diverted the ball past his own keeper to give the Royals all three points.

Carnforth Rangers, second in the division, made the hazardous trip to play Ingleton, a side that are difficult to beat on their own ground.

Carnforth were also hit with injuries and a bereavement to one of their main strikers.

Ingleton took full advantage of this as they went into a 1-0 lead early in the game when young Aaron Woodhouse scored to keep his goal scoring sequence going.

Carnforth fought back and got an equaliser when another young player Cameron Holmes made it 1-1. Ingleton raised their game, took control for a long period and went into a deserved 3-1 lead thanks to goals from Dan Tyrer and an Alex Hartley tap in from two yards out.

Carnforth rallied and reduced the arrears when Scott King pounced on a chance to make it 3-2.

As play switched to the other end Ingleton again got a two goal cushion when Tyrer scored his second to make it 4-2.

Ingleton could not sit back as Carnforth again turned on the pressure looking for a way back which they did when Matthew Garwood scored to make it 4-3 but it was too late for Carnforth who threw everything at Ingleton in the last few minutes but could not get the elusive equaliser.

All in all a very good performance by both teams.