Arnside left stunned by Liam’s early strike

CC Wanderers.
CC Wanderers.

In the Premier Division of the Baines Bagguley Penhale North Lancashire amd District Football League, a goalscoring record must have been broken at Arnside for the fastest-ever goal scored when the home side entertained Marsh United.

Arnside kicked off and immediately lost the ball which fell to Liam Moffatt, who from fully 40 yards powered the ball into Arnside’s net.

Referee Peter McDonnell timed the goal to be scored after just seven seconds.

Both teams strived to score another goal in the next 89 minutes and 53 seconds before the game ended 1-0 to Marsh United.

Bowerham and Bentham battled throughout a fast and furious first half with good football being played by both sides, but without a goal 
being scored.

Within minutes of the restart Bentham went into a 2-0 lead following two horrendous defence lapses, each time Bowerham defenders could not clear the ball allowing Sam Lister and James Earnshaw to score from close in.

Galgate felt hard done by when they lost to unbeaten TIC Dynamos/Overton/Middleton after the visiting team turned up with the wrong colours which caused the game to start over 30 minutes late.

The game itself was a classic. Good football was played by both sides.

The goals, both scored by the TIC side, were excellent strikes.

The first was scored by their left back which was good enough to win any game. The second from their centre forward was also an excellent goal.

Highgrove welcomed back influential long serving Russell Mitchell after a long term injury for their clash with Cartmel, but Highgrove continued their downward spiral.

Russell still has his striker’s instinct as he scored a great goal for his side, but goals by Graham Rhodes and Jack Gill won it for Cartmel

In Division One, one of the most sporting games was played between Bolton-le-Sands and TIC Dynamos/ Overton/Middleton 

The referee did not have to speak to any of the players throughout the whole game.

Both sides played excellent football and created plenty of chances and scored some brilliant goals in an exciting game, which ended with a winning strike scored by Steffan Dixon in the last minute of stoppage time for the TIC Dynamos side after Oliver Wellock and Adam Nutt had scored earlier goals.

Bolton-le-Sands’ scorers were Daniel Shepherd and Richard Wolf.

Carnforth Rangers Reserves entertained Heysham in a one-sided game and from the first whistle they took control and rattled in seven goals.

Two excellent hat-tricks were scored by Kyle Davies and Damien Murphy. Carl Wakeman scored the opener for the home side.

Heysham, although well beaten, fought all through the game and did find the net twice with their goals scored by Steve McMinn and Jamie Shuttleworth.

Cartmel Reserves appear to be Kirkby Lonsdale’s bogy team.

Last season Kirkby Lonsdale’s promotion challenge was derailed by Cartmel when they took four points off them and in this game they saw Kirkby again create ample chances to have won with ease, but the resilient defending by the young Cartmel side denied them.

The only goal of the game was from ace striker Brian Lowery when he took his only chance in the game.

In Division Two, Grange played Lancaster Rovers in what looked to be one of the games of the day.

Grange got off to the perfect start when they took the lead within five minutes when Tom Woodburn chased a long ball down and stole it just in front of the keeper to slot home from a tight angle.

Within minutes of the second half the excellent Jake Harrison slotted the ball low past Callon in the Grange goal to score a well deserved equaliser.

It looked from then on as though the result would be a well-deserved draw and one point for each side until substitute Lee Harrison popped up with a 90th minute winner to give Grange all three points in a terrific game.

Moghuls FC started well again with good possession for most of the first half, outplaying College AFC Reserves with their fast inter-passing and by half time had opened up a 4-0 lead with goals scored by Hamid Essa with a great hat-trick and a slick goal from Suju Maje.

Within minutes of the second half, the College were hit with three quick-fire goals scored by Will Onek and two from the exciting Sam Freer.

Moghuls continued to create chances with the goal of the game being scored by Paul Karim. An excellent pass from Mark Baldwin found Karim who controlled the ball with his chest, then with his back to goal scored with an overhead kick just six yards out.

Karim was again in action, creating his seventh goal as he put Abdur through on goal with a defence splitting pass, who then smashed the ball into the net off the post.

Karim also set up the last goal of the game after he had nut-megged a College defender and fired in an unstoppable shot from fully 30 yards.

The ball was going so fast the keeper could not hold it and as it was spilled out to the lurking Suju Maje, who had the easy job of putting the ball into the net from two yards out.

This is the second game in succession the Moghuls have scored 10 goals.

Morecambe Gold fielded their strongest team of the season to good effect when they easily overcame the challenge of the young Galgate Reserves side.

The more experienced Gold side played some fantastic football often having Galgate chasing shadows.

James Forman opened the scoring followed by Des Martinez, Scott Butterworth with a brace scored the others.

The only time Galgate threatened was late in the game when the old legs started to tire.

Morecambe Royals Reserves played really well, much to the delight of their new manager Paul Williams.

The Royals completely dominated the first 15 minutes which produced two good goals.

The first was from a good bout of football resulting in an inch perfect cross from Jamie Bradbury which was met by Craig Berry with a nice left footed shot to put his side into the lead.

The Royals continued to play the good football their manager ordered, this resulting in the Royals going into a 2-0 lead after 15 minutes. This time Berry scored a much easier goal.

With just 15 minutes remaining Luke Suligowski made the game safe for the Royals when he scored the goal of the game from 20 yards out, giving the keeper no chance.

With the introduction of young Tom Charlson making his debut, the Trimpell side visibly improved and for the first time threatened the Royals’ defenders.

It was no surprise when Charlson breached the defence to score a good well taken goal, but it was too little too late for Trimpell as they slumped to their second 3-1 defeat to the improving Royals side.

In Division Three, there was a cracking end to end game played between Bentham Reserves and Preesall and Pilling.

Daniel Jackson opened the scoring for Bentham before Aaron Thornhill equalised for the Preesall side.

Neither team would give ground in an attempt to gain the upper-hand. But it was Preesall who took the lead.This time the goal was scored by Dave Thornhill. He also scored what turned out to be the winner after John Wilcox had equalised for Bentham.

In Division Four, Gregson FC have started the season really well and sit at the top of the table after being relegated last season, causing its reserve team to drop out of the league.

Against Heysham they showed they will be a match for most teams in the division with their good football and a sound defence.

It was no surprise when they scored four goals, John Gorman opened the scoring followed by Tom Hinchliffe, Dean Hinchliffe and John Taylor, but the goal of the game was the strike by Heysham’s Josh Muckalt for his side’s consolation.

In a hurriedly re-arranged game, Arnside Reserves travelled to play Westgate Wanderers Reserves and came away a storming 6-1 win.

Arnside, playing with a more experienced side than their opponents, deserved to win but credit to the young Westgate side, who played much better than the score-line suggests and had several near misses.

Their only goal was an excellent strike by Daniel Warwick.

*The Baines/Bagguley/Penhale Team of the Month for August/September has been won by TIC Dynamos/Overton/Middleton