Bentham’s resident bruiser admitted he was disappointed not to end his first season as a professional with a stoppage.
Light heavyweight Tomi Tatham went 5-0 in the paid ranks with a shut out points victory over James Tucker in Bolton on Saturday night.
The 24-year-old said: “I was really gutted not to get the stoppage.
“At the end of the third round the referee told him if he didn’t show something he was going to stop the fight but he held on to the final bell.
“I hit him with everything and might have even broken his nose but he stayed on his feet.
“He’s the toughest guy I’ve been in with. I’ve watched his fights and he doesn’t get bullied, but I bullied him.”
Tatham, known as TNT because of his explosive style, will now take a little break before returning the ring in late September or October.
But that doesn’t mean he’ll be out of the gym.
He said: “I don’t have to worry about being on weight or not going out with friends but I’ll still be going to the gym three times a week in Bolton.
“I’m still learning, I’m still an apprentice.”
Tatham can look back fondly on his first year as a professional, ending the year undefeated with three knockouts in his five wins.
And he paid particular thanks to his trainer Karl Ince who took him on just a few weeks before his professional debut.
He said: “If it wasn’t for Karl taking me on at short notice I wouldn’t have been able to do what I’ve done so far.
“And there’s the people who’ve come to watch me and businesses that have supported me.
“Everyone getting behind me in my first year has really helped me.
“I think I’m improving all the time and want to keep learning.”