Pan of food causes kitchen fire in Galgate

A pan of food left on the stove caused a fire at a house in Galgate.

Tuesday, 2nd February 2016, 8:42 am
Updated Tuesday, 2nd February 2016, 9:44 am
Fire engine.

Fire crews were called to Chapel Street at 1.33am after reports smoke could be seen inside the property and a smoke alarm was sounding.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

When firefighters arrived at the scene they found the incident involved a pan of food which had been left on. Crews led one person to safety and used breathing and a fan to clear the house of smoke.

They were at the scene for approximately one hour.