WeightWatchers delicious breakfast recipe
This light but super-tasty breakfast dish combines comforting crepes with lightly-cooked bananas smothered in sweet honey. A sensational start to the day.
Serves 4 l Prep 5 mins l Cook 20 mins
60g wholemeal flour
Quarter of a teaspoon of salt
Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
150ml of milk
One tablespoon of clear honey
100g of 0% fat natural Greek yoghurt
Calorie-controlled cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C, fan 130°C, gas mark 2.
2. Sift the wholemeal flour, salt and ground cinnamon into a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine one egg and 150ml skimmed milk, then whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
3. Mist a non-stick pan with calorie-controlled cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add a quarter of the batter, then tilt the pan until the base is coated. Cook for two minutes, then flip and cook for another one minute. Transfer the crêpe to a baking tray and keep warm in the oven. 4. Repeat to make four crêpes, keeping them separated on the baking tray with baking paper.
5. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat until just smoking. Halve the four bananas lengthways and mist with cooking spray, then griddle for two minutes on each side until lightly charred. Cut into pieces.
6. Top the crêpes with the bananas, then fold in half and drizzle over a tablespoon of clear honey between the four pancakes. Serve each with 25g of the yoghurt, with extra ground cinnamon sprinkled over the top.
Smartpoints: Green 4 l Blue 3 l Purple 3