Man ‘saved’ by milkman after fire

Share this article

A MILKMAN was hailed a lifesaver after calling out firefighters when he heard a smoke alarm on his morning round.

A middle-aged man at the house in Williamson Road, Freehold, had slept through the alarm, which was activated after a candle he thought he had put out sparked a small fire in the living room in which he was sleeping on a settee.

Two fire engines from Lancaster Fire Station raced to the scene following the call from self-employed Robert Ball at 5.50am on Wednesday.

See the Lancaster Guardian (01-04-11) for full story.