Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a severe bedroom fire at their Lancaster home.
The pair had been out walking their dog when they returned home to the dormer bungalow in Piccadilly, Lancaster, to hear a smoke alarm sounding at 1.10pm on Sunday.
One of the occupants opened a doorway to the upstairs bedrooms in a bid to tackle the fire, but was engulfed in thick black smoke.
Both then evacuated the property with the dog and then called the fire service, but required treatment after breathing in the smoke.
Lancaster Watch Manager Warren Topp said: “It was a severe fire that started because of an electrical fault in an old video player.
“That has spread to a television and a games console, and burning plastic produces toxic black smoke.
“We would always advise people not to try and tackle the fire themselves, not to throw water on the fire, and to dial 999 for help.”