Kitchen fire at Skerton flat

Share this article

A WASHING machine fault is believed to have sparked a kitchen fire at a Skerton flat.

The man living at the seventh floor flat at the Skerton House block on Mainway had left the machine on when he popped out to see a friend a couple of floors below.

Three fire engines from Lancaster turned out to the incident at 5.50pm on Wednesday, June 20, after a passer-by spotted smoke billowing from the flat window.

The kitchen suffered severe damage while other rooms were left smoke-logged.