Flat fire

editorial image

A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation after fire broke out in a flat.

The fire service were called out to Christie Avenue in Morecambe at 9.08pm last night, Tuesday.

There was severe fire damage to curtains in a first floor bedroom and a carpet and double bed were also burnt.

The bedroom and the rest of the flat were smoke logged, which had to be cleared.

North West Air Ambulance said they took a woman to hospital but she was not thought to be seriously injured.