Fire drama over unattended grill pan at Lancaster flat

Emergency services were called to a blaze at a first-floor flat in Lancaster early this morning.

Wednesday, 11th January 2017, 11:07 am
Updated Wednesday, 11th January 2017, 12:11 pm
Fire crews from Lancaster attended the incident this morning

Two fire engines from Lancaster fire station were called to the incident on Mainway at around 2.30am this morning, say fire services.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A spokesperson for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "Two fire engines and crews from Lancaster turned out to a fire caused by an unattended grill pan in the kitchen of a first floor flat. Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hose-reel jet to extinguish the fire."

Nobody was injured as a result of the fire.