Fire crews tackle chip pan fire in Lancaster

A casualty had to be taken to hospital following a chip pan fire at a home in Lancaster.

Tuesday, 24th March 2020, 7:48 am
Updated Tuesday, 24th March 2020, 7:50 am

Firefighters from Lancaster and Morecambe were called to a home in Greaves Drive after reports of a kitchen fire at 7.07pm last night (March 23).

When crews arrived, they found that the fire involved a chip pan in the kitchen.

It was extinguished quickly by four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel. A ventilation unit was also in use at the incident.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Greaves Drive, Lancaster

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said there was one casualty reported who received first aid from paramedics at the scene before being transferred to hospital for precautionary checks.

Crews were in attendance for approximately one hour and thirty minutes.