Fire at hairdressing salon

editorial image

Fire broke out at a hairdressers which has branches in Lancaster and Morecambe.

It happened at the Jo and Cass salon in Highgate, Kendal, earlier today, Friday.

Smoke filled the premises after what is believed to have been an electrical fault in a tumble dryer in the basement at lunchtime.

It’s understood the basement was gutted by fire with smoke affecting all parts of the four-storey building.

Smoke also spread to neighbouring premises.

A pressure ventilation system was used to clear the fumes.

Jo and Cass’ other salons are at Great John Street, Lancaster, Marine Road Central, Morecambe, and Fishergate, Preston.