Tributes to man found dead on beach

Latest news.
Latest news.

The family of a man found dead at the bottom of a cliff in Arnside have paid tribute to an ‘amazing and inspirational young man’.

Tom Hardy, aged 22, from Standen Park House, Lancaster died in the early hours of Sunday morning at Arnside Park, Carnforth.

His family said: “We are totally devastated that Tom has been taken from us.

“Tom was an incredibly positive, kind and caring young man who brought so much happiness and love to all those he knew and met.

“He was a very much loved son, brother, grandson, nephew and cousin to his family.

“Tom was also very much loved by his girlfriend and family and his many true friends who knew what a compassionate, loving and truly inspirational young man he was.

“Tom had a great love of life and his humour and bright outlook on life always lifted people around him. “His enthusiasm and sense of fun was infectious and he lived every day true to his own caring values.

“Tom was always seeking to make the world a kind and caring place to be.

“His interests were extremely wide and varied, he enjoyed everything that the world offered to him.

“He enjoyed learning about everything that interested him and he really cared about the world he lived in and all the other people and creatures in it. Tom’s kindness and compassion touched people every day.

“Tom really enjoyed football, travelling, skiing, snowboarding, music, reading, food and enjoying spending time with his family and many friends.

“Tom loved being with people and was a very engaging young man.

“Tom had worked tirelessly for the last two years, saving to travel with close friends and teach overseas, a trip he was to undertake very soon.

“Sadly Tom was not able to enjoy all he had worked towards and deserved so richly.

“We are immensely proud of Tom and we cherish the memories we have of him. He will forever be remembered, so very much loved and missed for the rest of our lives.”

Police said the 22-year-old was discovered lying amongst rocks on the beach following a party at Arnside Park in the early hours of Sunday, August 31.

North West Ambulance Service said they were called to the scene at 3.08am to reports a man in his 20s was having a cardiac arrest.

Paramedics worked on the body of the 22-year-old but he was later pronounced dead at the scene.

Police are investigating the circumstances of the death on the behalf of the coroner.