There is now just one week to go until we relaunch your Lancaster Guardian.
The newspaper will have a fresh look and brand new content whilst retaining all of the features you know and love.
We have listened to your feedback and added elements to enhance our news, features and sport coverage.
They will include:
* A new double-page crime spread, including the latest from the courts, crime news and advice
* The new Guardian Guide will give a different look and feel to our entertainments and leisure coverage. The new section will link in with our new searchable entertainements listing websites wow247.co.uk
* The new Lancaster and Morecambe Book Club will see features and reviews on local authors and new releases
* We will be unveiling some fantastic new columnists
* A new Guardian Students’ page will see talented journalists of the future writing for you
In addition to the new conten we are introducing a more modular design which aims to improve the navigation of the paper so that you can locate what you want to read as easily as possible.
As well as the newspaper, improvements to the website www.lancasterguardian.co.uk will be introduced gradually in the next few months, including improved video content and use of pictures.
And if that is not enough – find out how to win a total of £2,000 in cash. A prize of £1,000, one for £500 and two at £250 will be up for grabs.
Start collecting the tokens in next week’s Guardian. Editor Nicola Adam said: “Everyone at the Lancaster Guardian is working hard to improve the experience for readers of both the newspaper and the website and we hope you will like the result.
“We do not want to change the Guardian out of all recognition but instead add new content, re-organise the features we do already and look at the layout in response to feedback from our recent surveys.
“Enjoy... and let us know what you think!”