Tatham Hall Farm is situated on the B6480 road between Wray and Wennington.
In the 18th and most of the 19th century the farm was called Hall Barns.
It later became Tatham Old Hall, before being renamed Tatham Hall.
The farm, which was part of Hornby Castle Estate, was one of the largest and most fertile in the Lune Valley.
In 1938 when Hornby Castle Estate was sold, Tatham Hall was listed as containing 308 acres at a rent of £320 per annum.
Prior to the Hornby Estate sale, the farm was purchased by the Rev R Lees of Tunstall Vicarage. In due course the farm was bequeathed to his daughter Phyllis, who, with her husband John Holt, was a very well respected landlord of the farm’s tenants.
Eventually the farm passed to their son Ian, who in 2012 sold the farm to Mr Tony Moores.
In the 1941 farm survey (surveyed by Sam Booth of Raw Ridding) the farm had 287 acres with 36 acres of arable (mainly oats and kale), 430 sheep, 100 cattle, 400 hens, three horses and employed two men.
The water supply was from a well to the farm house and buildings.
The only downside was an infestation of the weed charlock, a form of wild mustard.
The Inland Revenue Survey circa 1910-1914 of Tatham Hall Farm states the following:
“287 acres let at £345 per annum and tenant pays tithe of £33. A good farm all under pasture.
House: large kitchen, dairy, pantry, hall, two parlours, small cellar, landing, seven bedrooms, attached wash house and back kitchen, with granary over in yard.
Buildings: eight bay barn with drag shippon for 24 cows.
Adjoining six bay barn with double shippon for 18 cows. Drag shippon for eight cows, two bay barn open at end, trap house, granary, four stall stable, drag shippon for four cows, calf hull, old stable used as store, shippon for eight cows, loose box, two loose boxes, open cart shed, pig hulls and two calf hulls.”