Morecambe mum spiked on night out in Lancaster brought back from dead 30 times

A mum was brought back from the dead by her quick-thinking husband and paramedics THIRTY times after she was spiked with a needle on a night out.
Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

Tammie-Michelle Edwards, 25, collapsed while on her first night out since giving birth to her eight-week-old son James with her best friend Lizz Fawcett, 20, on August 13.

She remembers having a few pre-drinks and a couple of glasses of Prosecco before going out, and only had a couple of drinks and drank water while she was out.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

But the next thing she remembers was leaving the Royal Lancaster Infirmary the next day at 6am after she was spiked with a needle in her arm - leaving her unresponsive.

James and Tammie-Michelle.James and Tammie-Michelle.
James and Tammie-Michelle.

After sending her husband James 'jibberish' messages that 'didn't make sense', he came to pick her up.

But he found her unconscious outside The Crafty Scholar in Lancaster and rushed her home to Morecambe.

James, 27, said he had to stop the car to resuscitate his 'lifeless' wife around six times - and a further 10 when they arrived home.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

He said: "I knew something was up, because she doesn't text like that and I knew it wasn't a normal her.

Tammie-Michelle Edwards.Tammie-Michelle Edwards.
Tammie-Michelle Edwards.

"I came to the club and Lizz was saying that Tammie-Michelle needed me now.

"I just thought she was going to be drunk, I didn't think at all that she had been spiked.

"Tammie-Michelle was sat on a chair like a dead body, Lizz was stood next to her with a glass of water and then there was a woman bouncer sat next to her as well.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

"I grabbed Tammie-Michelle, and it was like dragging a dead body.

Tammie-Michelle's spike mark.Tammie-Michelle's spike mark.
Tammie-Michelle's spike mark.

"As we were driving home, I thought she just needed to be sick as she was choking and wasn't breathing.

"She was just lifeless - every time we were going around the corner she was snapping her neck, it looked like her head was going to fall off her shoulder.

"By the time we had got home, I had resuscitated her about six times.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

"I was stood by the sink and I had resuscitated her around another 10 times.

Tammie-Michelle Edwards' baby James, eight weeks old.Tammie-Michelle Edwards' baby James, eight weeks old.
Tammie-Michelle Edwards' baby James, eight weeks old.

"We then rang the ambulance, as there is only so much you can do when you're not a paramedic.

"I can only try and save her life as much as I can, it's such a scary thing - she literally did die in front of me."

Police then arrived at the house and a police officer then resuscitated her again before an ambulance turned up.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Medics used a defibrillator on Tammie-Michelle's body then continued more manual CPR.

She then went into the back of the ambulance, and after hours of not talking or responding once, she finally said she wanted James.

He said: "She didn't say my name once. Even when she saw her mum, she didn't acknowledge her once - she just didn't have a clue.

"When you're drunk, you can at least talk but she just couldn't.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

"They said only one person could go in the ambulance with her, and Tammy-Michelle's mum wanted to go with her.

"I was waiting outside the ambulance, ready to drive and follow it, but she started saying things then because her mum came out, saying she wanted me."

By the time she was at the hospital, she had started to come round but her brain was 'still not working fully'.

Tammie-Michelle and James have said that the Royal Lancaster Infirmary didn't do any tests, and left her in a corridor with an old towel wrapped around her.

At 6am, they discharged her and said she was '100% spiked'.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Tammie-Michelle said: "They didn't test me, they just left me there to sit cold for hours.

"They didn't take bloods, they didn't take urine samples, they just let me sit there until I pretty much sobered up to say oh you was 100% spiked and you can go home now."

A week on, Tammie-Michelle's chest is still in 'excruciating pain' after having CPR around 30 times and she feels 'really tired'.

James described the incident as 'traumatising' but is 'over the moon' that his wife is okay.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

He added: "It's such a relief that she's alive, I'm just over the moon.

"It would have been the worst thing in the world if something had happened to her."

Tammie-Michelle now wants to warn others about being spiked, as she 'never thought it would happen'.

She said: "I'm very conscious of leaving my drink, if I have left it, I won't go back to it.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

"I'm very good like that, I'm not stupid - I always keep my drink on me, so we all think it was an injection.

"Because I was pregnant last year when spiking was a big thing, I thought I would be fine when I finally could go out.

"You just don't think it would ever happen to yourself, and then it happened to me on the first night out after having my son.

"It's just crazy, really crazy."

"Please just be careful, I would suggest maybe going out in a bigger group and just stay safe.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

"The venues should be patting people down and checking people's bags, well that's what I want them to do."

A spokesperson for The Crafty Scholar said: “We take every allegation of spiking very seriously and we would like to reassure all our guests that customer safety and wellbeing is our priority.

"Our door team assisted Ms Edwards when she became unwell, and provided a chair and water.

"They waited with her until her husband arrived and took her home.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

“We continue to have enhanced safety measures in place including searches on entry, publicising “Ask Angela” in our toilets, providing drinks covers to anyone who wants them.

"And we also have Guest Support colleagues – if any guest has concerns or feels vulnerable they can ask the Guest Support colleague or any other member of our team for help.

"We continue to work with the police and local authorities to ensure a safe night out is had by all.”

Lancashire Police said: "It’s been reported and we are looking into it."

The Royal Lancaster Infirmary have been contacted for a comment.