Lancaster and Morecambe to remain in Tier 3 lockdown
The Lancaster district will remain under Tier 3 restrictions until next year after a Government review of England's tier system.
Health secretary Matt Hancock confirmed that the whole of Lancashire would stay in Tier 3.
There had been calls for the Lancaster district to be separated from the rest of Lancashire due to having a far lower infection rate than other parts of the county.
However, Lancaster is among half of Lancashire's districts to currently have a higher rolling seven-day Covid case rate than on the day of the first post-lockdown Tier 3 announcement three weeks ago.
Lancaster MP Cat Smith said earlier this week that she would not back any calls for a move to Tier 2.
The latest announcement means pubs, bars and restaurants will stay closed in Lancashire and people should continue to avoid mixing socially indoors until the next review of the tier system.
The current restrictions will remain in place until December 23, when a five-day Christmas break will commence.
During this period, three households will be allowed to form a festive bubble between Wednesday, December 23 and Sunday, December 27.
The Government said reviews of the different tiers would happen every two weeks, meaning the next review should take place on December 30, before a public announcement is made on New Year's Eve.