Come along to a craft workshop in a yurt!
Williamson Park in Lancaster is hosting fun children’s activities as part of the outdoor theatre season.
You can make your very own puppet or fun mask, connected to a theme or character in one of the three plays being staged with Lancaster-based artist and puppet-maker, Vanessa Card, who will show you how to make something magical from all sorts of materials.
The workshops are taking place before the theatre performances on:
* Tuesday, August 7 – The Twits workshop. 1pm-2.30pm
* Wednesday, August 15 – The Railway Children workshop. 5pm-6.30pm
* Tuesday, August 21 – A Midsummer Night’s Dream workshop. 5pm-6.30pm
The workshops are ideal for children aged seven and over. Children under 11 should be accompanied by an adult.
All materials will be provided in the £5 entry fee. Booking is essential. Tickets are available online at www.lancaster.gov.uk/park-tickets or from the gift shop at Williamson Park. For more information telephone the park on 01524 33318.
The theatre productions continue throughout August:
* Roald Dahl’s The Twits on August 7 and August 8 at 3.30pm.
* Gilbert and Sullivan’s HMS Pinafore on August 12 at 7.30pm.
* E Nesbit’s The Railway Children on August 15 and August 16 at 7.30pm.
* A Midsummer Night’s Dream on August 21 or August 22 at 7.30pm.
Tickets for all of these performances are available from the Williamson Park gift shop or by calling 01524 33318. Alternatively you can purchase tickets online at www.lancaster.gov.uk/park-tickets.