Plastic fire sets off smoke alarm

WEB ONLY. Image does not crop into c3 nib spots.''Fire engine. (S)
WEB ONLY. Image does not crop into c3 nib spots.''Fire engine. (S)

A small fire broke out in a plastic storage container at a flat in Lancaster.

Firefighters were called out to Lentworth Drive to a ground floor flat at 2.25am on June 24.

The smoke alarm had activated and given the occupier enough warning to get out uninjured.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and used a portable fan to extract the smoke.