DCSIMG

School bus crash driver trial delayed

Carlisle Crown Court.

Carlisle Crown Court.

The trial of a Morecambe bus driver accused of causing serious injury by dangerous driving after a crash which involved schoolchildren has been delayed.

Anthony Waner, of Acre Moss Lane, denied the charge when he appeared before magistrates earlier this year and was due at Carlisle Crown Court on Tuesday, April 22.

But the court said yesterday, Wednesday, that the 44-year-old’s defence team needed more time to prepare for the case.

A plea and case management hearing will now take place at the court on May 12, the court said.

The prosecution follows a collision on September 23 on the A685 - a rural, winding country road near the village of Grayrigg, north of Kendal.

The bus driven by Waner was involved in a crash with a heavy goods vehicle which was travelling in the opposite direction.

Ten people were hurt, including six children who were on their way to school in Kendal.

They were treated at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.

The lorry driver, a man from Kendal, was flown from the scene to hospital in Preston in an air ambulance with serious head, neck and arm injuries.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page