Court orders have been issued on a group of travellers’ caravans thought to be blocking the entrance to a burial ground in Halton.
Halton coun Paul Woodruff said that the caravans had been there for weeks, and that visitors to the burial ground were not able to gain access.
A spokesman for Lancashire County Council said: “As soon as we found out they were there, we issued a notice to quit the site.
“We then got a possession order from court which was served on the travellers last Wednesday.
“Our next step will be to issue a notice for bailiffs to remove the travellers from the site, which we hope to do sometime next week.”