TWO Lancaster holidaymakers are among a group of people who have launched a High Court claim after becoming ill on holiday in Turkey.
A writ issued at London’s High Court states the claimants’ holidays were ruined when they came down with salmonella and other gastro intestinal diseases after staying at the all-inclusive Sarigerme Holiday Village in Dalaman in 2009.
The claim for unlimited damages could top the £1m mark if successful.
The holidaymakers are suing First Choice Holidays and Flights. The writ says that the company has already accepted liability for negligence of its “suppliers.”
Dene, 44, and five-year-old Troy Hickling, of Highgrove Road, Lancaster, are among 107 claimants involved in the case.
See the Lancaster Guardian (14-01-11) for full story.