Man attacked with machete in his Lancaster flat

editorial image

Two men attacked a man with a machete in his Lancaster home.

Detectives are hunting the pair after they ransacked the 45-year-old’s flat at Captains Row.

Lancashire Police released details of the incident today - it happened at around 9pm last Monday, November 11.

The victim contacted police to say his home had been raided and he had been hit with a machete.

The attackers then fled, running off towards the lower floor car park, while throwing stones which smashed the man’s windows.

He required treatment in hospital for a cut to his right knee.

The offenders were both described as around 20-years-old.

DC Tristan Hardwick, from Lancaster CID, said: “The men have forced entry to his address and searched the flat for him intending to harm him.

“The victim has returned home to find his flat door damaged and insecure at which point the men have returned.

“I would reassure people that attacks of this nature are very rare in the area and an investigation is underway into the circumstances of exactly what happened and the men’s motive.

“We believe the victim has been deliberately targeted and would appeal to anybody with any information that could assist us with our inquiry to come forward and call 101.”

Nothing was stolen from the address but a machete was recovered by police from the scene and is being forensically examined.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Lancashire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Lancashire Police said on Wednesday that a 17-year-old boy had been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent and released on bail pending further inquiries.