Six Lancaster-based businesses have been announced as finalists in the 2013 Enterprise Vision Awards, the only business awards in the north west exclusive to women.
The EVA awards, which are now in their third year, received a record-breaking number of entries.
The businesswomen from Lancaster who beat off competition to get this far are:
* Denise Armer and Jane Halpin of Unique Kidz and Co (Inspirational Woman of the Year and Small Business categories)
* Eleanor Postlethwaite of Photobaby (Creative and Small Business categories)
* Sarah Cooper of Black Zest Creative (Young Entrepreneur category)
* Sarah Thornton of Back Room SAM (Young Entrepreneur category)
* Claudia Carrillo of Natural Health & Beauty Clinic (Small Business category)
* Jane Binnion of Jane’s Social Media (Training & Coaching and Lancaster Networker of the Year categories)
The businesswomen will now go before the panel of judges made up of some of the region’s leading business professionals to represent their businesses in a rigorous process that will see the microscope firmly placed on their company in a bid to scoop the title of winner.
Jane was also voted Lancaster Networker of the Year by fellow businesswomen at the Lancaster Pink Link Ladies networking group and will now be in the running to be voted North West Networker of the Year.
Heather Waters of headline sponsor NatWest Bank said: “The EVA Awards play an important part in supporting and recognising female entrepreneurial growth in the Lancashire region, something at NatWest we are committed to supporting ourselves.”
The EVAs, which were founded by Lancashire-based networkinggroup Pink Link Ladies, have carved themselves a solid reputation within the business community and have attracted strong entries from across the north west proving the high regard given to the awards by businesses across the region.
Unlike other awards in the area, the EVAs also incorporates a small percentage of public nomination with its stringent round of judging to choose the winner and people can log on to vote at www.enterprisevisionawards.co.uk.
The public votes are graded before being combined with the judges’ scores to choose the overall winner; however, the judges’ votes are significantly more heavily weighted.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Hilton Blackpool hotel on October 4.